Breast Cancer Signs and Symptoms May Include:
- A lump or thickening in the breast or in the armpit
- Changes to the skin over the breast, such as dimpling, peeling, crusting, or redness
- Change in breast size or shape, such as swelling, asymmetry, or newly inverted nipple (a nipple growing inward)
- Nipple discharge which does not need to be expressed, but appears on its own and is clear or bloody
When to See a Doctor:
- If you find a lump or other change in your breast, nipple, or armpit – even if a recent mammogram was normal – it is important to schedule an appointment with your doctor for prompt evaluation.