Day Shift (Preferred)
Under general supervision in a clinic setting, provides initial patient care, administrative support, assists with patient care and performs aesthetic services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks, such as obtaining patient history, preparing charts.
2. Possesses knowledge applicable to skin care.
3. Performs skin toning procedures. Carries out chemical peels, skin aesthetic treatments, facials, body contouring and laser hair removal.
4. Provides education to clients regarding procedure to be performed.
5. Provides clients with an overview of the products that will be used during procedures.
6. Performs cleaning and sterilizing of aesthetician tools and equipment.
7. Maintains stocks of tools and aesthetic supplies and equipment as necessary.
8. Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
9. Cleans exam rooms and performs end of day setting up for the next day.
10. Assist with injections, sclero under guidance of NP or Provider.
11. Perform other projects/tasks as requested.
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Experience working at a spa/medical spa or similar environment is strongly preferred.
· 1-3 years practicing Aesthetician experience.
· Currently holds Aesthetician license. Additional aesthetic coursework/certifications preferred.
· Use of computer software is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Possesses knowledge of patient care charts and history.
· Demonstrates the ability to perform standard clinical procedures.
· Demonstrates skills in sales and customer service.
· Models a professional disposition and communication style.
· Possesses strong communication and organizational skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain working relationships with clients.
· Possesses the ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions.
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards and compliance as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA.
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires sitting, standing and walking for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop and occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. is required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter frequent close paperwork and use of a computer monitor, visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use and background noise. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
This is a full-time position, averaging 32hrs/wk
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How did you hear about this hiring opportunity?
- Aesthetician: 1 year (Preferred)
- spa/medical spa: 1 year (Preferred)
- Aesthetician License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location