*This is a part-time position .6, averaging 24hrs per week with the potential to flex higher for additional coverage. Full days (8hrs) on Monday, Thursday & Friday are required with 1/2 day potential Tues/Wed. This position is benefit eligible!
Organizes, evaluates and completes patient medical records. Reviews medical records for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for filing and retrieving medical records. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Calls other clinics for reports, labs, etc. for appointments or to be scanned
2. Prepares medical records requests from other clinics or patients
3. Prepare charts for the next day, make sure all faxes have been received, labs, x-rays, reports, etc.
4. Check for any add-on appointments and if the charts have been added to the day and completed
5. Distribute mail, faxes and interoffice mail
6. Print schedules for weekly patients
7. Check each patient that correct reports are scanned and Abstract information if not in Epic
8. Call clinics for reports, labs, etc. for patient’s appointments if not have received
9. Retrieve information of scanned CD’s for patient appointments if pertaining to current problem
10. Check day before with schedule and if any add on’s that may need information from other clinics
11. Check daily faxes and sort by date for appointments and scan into Epic
12. Completes disability and FMLA forms
13. Calls other clinics for reports, labs, etc. for upcoming appointments and surgeries.
14. Communicate with co-workers if an upcoming patient needs any information for surgery or appointment
15. Communicate with nurse regarding any faxes or prescription/BRACA/medical record issues to be addressed
16. Work with PARC/PRSC if requesting EKG’s or other information for patient surgery
17. Check in tray daily for upcoming appointments to be scanned
18. Phone calls from clinics requesting patient information to be mailed or faxed
19. Scan charts used for appointments and any M2S discs
20. Work with persons from Aspirus regarding any scanning and procedures
21. Label report into Epic and put scanned onto schedule
22. Acts as a patient and vendor resource to direct incoming phone calls in an efficient manner to the appropriate individuals.
23. Maintains a neat and organized area.
24. Operates beeper and paging system to contact personnel as needed.
25. Collects payments from patients.
26. Communicates codes, alerts, drills and other announcements according to established policies and protocols, including disaster management plans.
27. Performs various clerical tasks as assigned.
28. Perform other projects/tasks as requested
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of high school diploma
· Minimum of one year experience in similar or like position
· Experience with general office equipment, i.e. faxes, copy machines, multi-line telephone system
· Previous work experience in a health care setting is preferred.
· Microsoft Office Suite desired
· EPIC Software experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Time Management
· Good Communication
· Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions
· Models a professional disposition and communication style
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires sitting for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop, occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. is required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter frequent close paperwork, and occasional use of computer monitor, visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use, background noise and occasional transcription. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Masking requirements for patients and staff.
Vaccination status is required for staff.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- How did you hear of this opportunity?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Equal Opportunity Employer