Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work authorization (Preferred)
The Perioperative Nurse provides individualized and specialized nursing care to patients in the clinic procedure setting in accordance with physician orders during the perioperative time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Work with all staff on the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout his/her surgical experience
2. Provide perioperative monitoring/care to patients
3. Provide and monitor IV conscious sedation
4. Start and manage IV lines
5. Administer medications
6. Document patient vital signs and assessments
7. Perform pre-op and post-op phone calls
8. Function within the legal limits of nursing practice
9. Utilize general nursing skills
10. Demonstrate initiative, insight and judgment in decision making process
11. Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patients, physicians and staff
12. Support physicians in clinic as needed
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Graduate of accredited R.N. program
· Currently licensed by the state of Wisconsin to practice nursing
· CPR certification required
· ACLS certification required
· Obtain Certification in Administration of Sedation & Monitoring prior to completion of orientation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Excellent patient care
· Competency in providing sedation and monitoring
· Starting and managing IV lines
· Knowledge of patient care charts and history preferably charting in Epic
· Ability to perform standard clinical procedures
· Excellent Listening and Communication skills
· Multi-tasking and Organizational skills
· Flexibility and Dependability
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
· Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires sitting, standing and walking for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop and occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. is required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter close paperwork and use of a computer monitor, visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use and background noise. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
This job description does not create an employment contract and does not guarantee continued employment. Employment with Surgical Associates is ‘at will’. Either party may terminate employment at any time with or without cause.
EOE, including disability/vets
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please share how you heard of this opportunity?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
Work Location: One location