US work authorization (Required)
The Vascular Technologist performs complex vascular ultrasound procedures while exercising professional judgement. Demonstrates the ability to obtain high quality diagnostic images while analyzing and interpreting the findings. Provides the physician with diagnostic evidence along with the pertinent clinical assessment in order for a final diagnosis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Works with physicians, referring clinics, schedulers and/or patients to ensure the appropriate exams are being scheduled and performed.
2. Produces high quality diagnostic images and analyzes/interprets findings.
3. Performs detailed chart review prior to procedure with exam specific paperwork filled out with vascular chart.
4. Performs quality patient care by obtaining patient history, answer questions, provide information about the exam/procedure, schedule future appointments, check in patients and call to remind patients of upcoming appointments
5. Performs order entry into Epic and RIS software.
6. Perform all vascular exams and procedures according to established protocols to provide quality images and patient care in a timely manner
7. Accurately completes paperwork and data entry for physician interpretation.
8. Ensures equipment is properly functioning.
9. Assumes responsibilities for ordering supplies and maintaining an inventory.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Associate or similar technical degree in Vascular Ultrasound is required.
· Registration in Vascular Ultrasound is required (or the ability to become registered within 3 months from date of hire.)
· Obtaining/maintaining requirements per Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) and The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) is required.
· 2+ years of relevant work experience is required.
· Experience working with Epic software is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Possesses knowledge of basic sonography principles, procedures, methods, and techniques.
· Demonstrates knowledge of principles and function of the vascular circulatory system.
· Possesses knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
· Demonstrates compassion and focus on quality patient care.
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards and compliance as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA.
· Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
· Possesses the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Demonstrates the ability to make sound independent decisions.
· Models a professional disposition and communication style.
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires standing and sitting for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop, and occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs may be required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter close paperwork, use of computer monitor/equipment and visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use, background noise and occasional transcription. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $28.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
- Associate (Preferred)
- vascular ultrasound work: 2 years (Preferred)
- EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vascular Ultrasound degree (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationApply Now