Work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
Health Care: 1 year (Preferred)
EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
*$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
*Flexible Scheduling & FTE Options Available
*Competitive PTO, Benefit Programs & Employer Funded Retirement Savings
The General Scheduler/Referral Coordinator is responsible for the receiving, tracking, and timely follow-thru, coordination and completion of incoming referrals. This individual is responsible for the coordination of the insurance and authorization process for services to support the continuity of patient care.
Additionally, this individual has various responsibilities to support the business and staffing needs of the Organization, including general scheduling and support to switchboard and patient reception as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages the incoming referral que of patient care/service requests to Surgical Associates. Expedites follow up to further coordinate next steps as to the patient response, scheduling needs and insurance coordination.
2. Works closely with patients to schedule appointments, tests, surgeries and provide patient updates as to their scheduled care.
3. Utilizes EPIC system to accurately capture, verify and maintain patient demographic information.
4. Assists patients by answering questions and resolving issues that may arise during the course of coordinating care or office visits.
5. Addresses patients/referring physician offices in a professional and friendly manner, using superior customer service techniques.
6. Provides, assists or specializes with appointment scheduling functions.
7. Schedule surgeries and procedures per doctors instructions.
8. Enters orders for surgery/procedure and testing per doctors instructions.
9. Acts as the Doctor “go to person” for in basket messages, calendar, and call schedules.
10. Provides procedure preparation information to the patient.
11. Maintains a neat, clean and organized patient reception area & lobby.
12. Processes paperwork, including appointments, entering demographic information into computer, setting up charts for upcoming appointments, and copying, faxing and scanning.
13. Collecting payments from patients.
14. Responsible for locking/unlocking doors, money drawer, postage machine and turning on/off answering service.
15. Provides support to the Organization as needed including phone coverage and assisting with patient reception duties.
16. Perform other duties and tasks as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED is required.
· Previous work experience in a health care setting is required.
· 3+ years of customer service experience is required.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office products is required.
· Prior experience in health insurance and medical terminology is preferred.
· Experience with EPIC software is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Demonstrates the ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work independently.
· Possesses problem solving and follow-through skills.
· Possesses the ability to work under pressure and with various interruptions.
· Skilled in performance of basic computer /keyboard functions.
· Possesses knowledge of patient care charts and history.
· Demonstrates strong multi-tasking and communication skills.
· Models a professional disposition and communication style.
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards and compliance as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA.
· Possesses the ability to perform standard clinical procedures.
· Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions.
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires sitting, walking for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may occasionally bend/stoop, squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, kneel balance, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 35 lbs. is required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping, fine manipulating is required. While performing the job, one will encounter frequent close paperwork, use of computer monitor, need for color vision, visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, frequent telephone use, background noise. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires frequent independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location