About Surgical Associates
Surgical Associates is the largest private surgical practice in Wisconsin. With practice growth, we are expanding to bring on an additional Breast Surgeon. Surgical Associates is comprised of 16 surgeons that sub specialize in breast, vascular, trauma, hepatobiliary, surgical oncology, bariatric, plastic, and general surgery. Surgical Associates provides surgical care at Aspirus Wausau Hospital and outpatient at Pine Ridge Surgery Center, with a second Wausau location home to our Eleve MedSpa, a division of Surgical Associates. Our patients come from a 13-county region throughout Northcentral Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan.
Surgical Associates is seeking a BC/BE fellowship trained Breast Surgeon to join an experienced fellowship trained Breast Surgeon in a well-established and dedicated breast practice. Our breast practice has an excellent reputation in the community with the only specialty trained breast surgeon in the area. The practice is closely affiliated with the COC accredited regional community cancer center, and NAPBC accredited breast center. A weekly, engaged, multidisciplinary breast tumor board is at the center of close collaboration with radiologists, pathologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, genetic counselor, dedicated nursing staff, lymphedema therapy and prehab/rehab services.
Breast Practice Highlights:
- Breast call is shared (no general surgery call required)
- APPs fully support at night, with general surgery back up
- A dedicated PA leads established high risk clinic and sees office patients
- An experienced Surgical First Assistant team provides OR support
- A team of triage nurses assist with patient communication throughout the week
- Competitive salary with bonus potential, PTO, comprehensive benefit package including company funded retirement savings contributions, CME allowance.
- The Wausau WI/Central WI area offers a safe, family-friendly community with a low cost of living, excellent public & private schools, and a year-round haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Opportunities exist to teach medical students and residents in both family medicine and general surgery and participation in clinical trials at the regional cancer center is encouraged with available research assistants.
- Opportunities for leadership within an expanding hospital system which historically has valued contributions from private physician groups.
Education and Experience:
· BC/BE fellowship trained Breast Surgeon
· Ability to acquire medical licensure in the State of WI
· Oncoplastic experience preferred
- Collaborative communication skills, proven leadership abilities and commitment to outstanding patient care
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
The nature of the job requires standing and sitting for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop, and occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs may be required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter close paperwork, use of computer monitor/equipment and visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use, background noise and occasional transcription. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Self-determined schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How did you hear of this opportunity?
Work Location: In person