The Medical Scheduler II welcomes patients into our practices either by answering the telephone, checking them in for an appointment, or scheduling their first appointment with us from a referring doctor from within the work que.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages the incoming referral que of patient care/service requests to Surgical Associates.
2. Manages all weekly recall appointment needs.
3. Answers all incoming phone calls through the General Scheduling direct line and the main line and gets the patient to the appropriate area.
4. Checks patients in for appointments.
5. Collects payments from patients
6. Collects insurance information and verifies other demographic information from patients.
7. Works closely with patients to schedule appointments and tests and provide patient updates as to their scheduled care.
8. Addresses patients/referring physician offices in a professional and friendly manner, using superior customer service techniques.
9. Maintains a neat and organized patient reception area & lobby.
10. Processes paperwork, including appointments, entering demographic information into computer, setting up charts for upcoming appointments, copying, faxing, and scanning.
11. Responsible for locking/unlocking doors, money drawer, postage machine and turning on/off answering service.
12. Perform other duties and tasks as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED is required.
· Previous work experience in a health care setting is preferred.
· 3+ years of customer service experience is preferred.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office products is preferred.
· Prior experience in health insurance and medical terminology is preferred.
· Experience with EPIC software is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Demonstrates the ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work independently.
· Possesses problem solving and follow-through skills.
· Possesses the ability to work under pressure and with various interruptions.
· Skilled in performance of basic computer /keyboard functions.
· Possesses knowledge of patient care charts and history.
· Demonstrates strong multi-tasking and communication skills.
· Models a professional disposition and communication style.
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards and compliance as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA.
· Possesses the ability to perform standard clinical procedures.
· Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions.
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires sitting, walking for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may occasionally bend/stoop, squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, kneel balance, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 35 lbs. is required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping, fine manipulating is required. While performing the job, one will encounter frequent close paperwork, use of computer monitor, need for color vision, visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, frequent telephone use, background noise. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires frequent independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- How did you hear of this employment opportunity?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In personApply Now