CMA Certification (Required)
Work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
health care: 1 year (Preferred)
*$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
*Flexible Scheduling & FTE Options Available
*Competitive PTO, Benefit Programs & Employer Funded Retirement Savings
Under general supervision in a clinic setting, the CMA and or LPN provides initial patient care, performs administrative duties, assists with patient care and performs medical procedures of a routine nature as directed by established clinic protocol.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks including assigns patient rooms, takes vital signs, prepares charts and assists with medical examinations.
2. Ensures accurate and timely obtaining and data entry of patient history, vitals, medications, additional data as needed, into the EPIC system.
3. Applies dressings and removes stitches and/or staples per physician instructions.
4. Assists the provider/RN in performing and documenting tests and procedures.
5. Calls in prescriptions per physician instructions.
6. Cleans and sterilizes of medical instruments.
7. Maintains stocks of medicines and medical supplies as necessary.
8. Reinforces patient education to improve care outcomes and safe patient practices.
9. Assists in discharging the patient at the completion of the office visit reinforcing the after visit summary.
10. Cleans exam rooms and end of day and setting up for the next day.
11. Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Certified Medical Assistant or LPN or equivalent clinical training is required.
- CMA Certification, LPN or equivalent is required.
- Previous work experience that is related to the essential job functions is required.
- EPIC Software experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Possesses knowledge of patient care charts and history.
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology and Anatomy/Physiology.
· Demonstrates strong multi-tasking and communication skills.
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards and compliance as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA.
· Possesses the ability to perform standard clinical procedures.
· Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions.
· Models a professional disposition and communication style.
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires sitting, standing and walking for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop and occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. is required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter frequent close paperwork and use of a computer monitor, visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use and background noise. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Wound Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
- health care: 1 year (Preferred)
- CMA Certification (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations