The Mid-Level NP or PA Provider is involved with examining patients, conducting systematic and comprehensive physical assessments and developing a plan of care for patients. Work is performed with considerable independence under the general medical direction of a physician including maintaining outreach clinics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Analyzes, interprets, and evaluates subjective and objective findings to develop an assessment in order to initiate a treatment plan or referral to appropriate physician or provider. Provides pre- and post-operative follow up care for patients.
· Works independently including maintaining appropriate outreach clinics.
· Understands and manages the care of patients in the region while working collaboratively with physicians. Where appropriate, will work in conjunction with other providers to refine clinical protocols for general/vascular care.
· Performs routine duties such as providing first aid care, wound care, suturing minor wounds and lacerations, suture removal, incision and drainage procedures and collaborates/consults with the physician.
· Develops a plan of care based upon assessment, which includes prescribing appropriate medications and treatments, providing follow-up care and evaluating the effectiveness of care.
· Provides patient education regarding medications, treatments, and anticipates outcomes.
· Orders laboratory and diagnostic testing and interprets results, prescribes, administers, and dispenses medications and other treatments.
· Adheres to HIPAA laws and maintains patient confidentiality.
· Provides appropriate documentation in the electronic medical record.
· Performs other projects/tasks as requested.
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – NP
· Master’s degree in science in Nursing is required.
· Certification by the State of Wisconsin of Nursing is required.
· Prior primary care experience is preferred.
· National certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and/or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners preferred.
· Experience working with Epic software is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – PA
· Master’s degree in science, Physician Assistant studies is required.
· Completion of Physician Assistant program approved by Medical Association.
· Licensure of Physician Assistant Medical Board of the State of Wisconsin.
· Certification by National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA).
· Prior primary care experience is preferred.
· Experience with EPIC software preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Considerable knowledge of the NP/PA guidelines, rules, regulations and policies of the health care facility.
· Possesses the ability to discriminate between normal and abnormal findings.
· Demonstrates compassion and focus on quality patient care.
· Ability to follow patients through periods of illness in an independent collaborative relationship with a physician.
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards and compliance as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA.
· Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
· Possesses the ability to make sound independent decisions, work independently and in a team environment.
· Models a professional disposition and communication style.
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires standing and sitting for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop, and occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25lbs may be required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter close paperwork, use of computer monitor/equipment and visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use, background noise and occasional transcription. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Private practice
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wausau, WI 54401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How did you hear of our opportunity?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Wisconsin License (Required)
Work Location: In person