Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Tech (Required)
Associate/Bachelor’s degree in accredited Radiology program (Required)
related work: 2 years (Preferred)
EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
BLS and ACLS Certification (Preferred)
The Radiology Technologist (and if applicable Scrub Tech) provides information to diagnose patient illnesses by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs. Scrub Techs in particular also assist with effective and safe conduct of invasive surgical procedures. They are responsible for preparation of the operating room and instruments for surgical procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION – Radiology Technologist
- Utilizes various imaging methods, which include fluoroscopy, ultrasound (US). Produces a high-quality image to assist physicians in diagnosis.
- Assists in patient positioning, prepping, and draping appropriately for procedures and to follow all safety and procedural guidelines.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient and staff from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Explains vascular procedures and use of radiation during case to ensure patient’s comfort.
- Assists the physician in the process of understanding and evaluating the images.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning and in the room.
- Assists in the clean-up of the room between procedures. Makes necessary preparations for subsequent procedures and for the subsequent procedures, including restocking, supplying and coordinating materials required for use on procedures (may include documentation of usage).
- May be involved in providing training for new employees to Surgical Associates and Network Partner as appropriate.
- Responsible for circulating within the procedure room.
- Properly records patient information and maintains EMR.
- Precepts new team members as needed.
- Works in partnership with the department to ensure appropriate supply inventory levels and necessary reordering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION – Scrub Technologist (additionally if applicable)
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining aseptic integrity during the surgical procedure. Organizes sterile field for use, opens sterile supplies scrubbing and donning sterile gowns and gloves. Maintains correct account of sponges, needles, blades, and instruments with surgical team per policy.
- Assists and anticipates needs of surgeon and surgical team by passing instrumentation, equipment and supplies accurately and quickly.
Perform other projects/tasks as requested. This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accredited Radiography program is required.
· Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) is required.
· State license is required.
· BLS and ACLS Certification required.
· 2+ years of related work experience is required.
· Experience working with Epic software is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Possesses knowledge of radiologic procedures, methods and techniques.
· Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
· Demonstrates compassion and focuses on quality patient care.
· Possesses strong communication and organizational skills.
· Models a professional disposition and communication style.
· Adherence to strict confidentiality standards and compliance as to scope of role, record keeping, PHI and HIPPA.
· Possesses the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Demonstrates the ability to make sound independent decisions.
· Specific safety certification/recertification may be required per the organization.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires standing and sitting for periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may frequently bend/stoop and occasionally squat, reach above shoulder, crouch and push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs may be required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping, firm grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter close paperwork, use of computer monitor/equipment and visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for continuous conversations, equipment monitoring, telephone use, background noise and occasional transcription. Frequent stress may occur. The job requires continuous independent decision-making.
This job description is not a guarantee of employment. It is understood that employment is “at will,” and the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
This is a Full-time, .8 FTE
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Please share how you heard of this opening to apply?
- Associate (Required)
- related work: 2 years (Preferred)
- EPIC: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS and ACLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Tech (Required)
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in accredited Radiology program (Required)
Work Location: One location