To check patients in and out, answer the telephone and take reservations. The Medical Spa Receptionist also performs all cashiering functions and various administrative duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Promote a professional and welcoming atmosphere that enhances the quality of service and care offered to the patients
2. Have a thorough working knowledge of all standard operating procedures, protocols and policies
3. Ensure that all patients receive exceptional service and have a comfortable and pleasant experience
4. Create a professional relationship with the patients using good verbal and non-verbal communication. Promote return visits to the Medical Spa.
5. Conduct the following duties in accordance with standard operating procedures:
6. Confirm and schedule patient appointments and packages
7. Check in/check out all patients
8. Answer and handle all telephone calls
9. Carry out all cashiering processes
10. Perform all opening/closing procedures according to the assigned checklist
11. Have a thorough knowledge of all products used to perform the services offered at the Medical Practice
12. Continually work on your personal sales skills including, building instant rapport, patient needs assessment, feature and benefit presentation, overcoming objections and closing skills
13. Know and use all sales scripts and presentations
14. Build patient partnerships by appropriately matching patient needs to the various services and products offered and clearly educating the patient on how they will receive the most benefit
15. Learn all current promotions and offer them to new and existing patients to stimulate sales during the promotional period
16. Capture all leads: walk-ins and call-in
17. Utilize confirmation calls as up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
18. Maintain a neat and orderly work area
19. Have thorough knowledge of all skin care and cosmetic products in order to answer any patient questions
20. Perform inventory responsibilities as requested
21. Attend all training programs
This list is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned. They are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of a similar nature requiring the same relative skill and capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Three years prior related experience required with reception experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – COMPETENCIES
· Exceptional communication skills
· Good computer skills
· Positive attitude
· Willingness to succeed and grow individually as well as part of a team
· Commitment to excel in a full-service day Medical Spa
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (as relevant)
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The nature of the job requires sitting for extended periods of time. While performing the essential functions of the job one may occasionally bend/stoop, squat, push/pull. Some lifting/carrying up to10 lbs. is required. The use of hands for repetitive simple grasping is required. While performing the job, one will encounter continuous close paperwork, use of computer monitor, and frequent need for color vision, visual monotony. Must utilize hearing for occasional conversations, telephone use, background noise. The job requires occasional independent decision-making.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily (with or without accommodation). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions.
This job description does not create an employment contract and does not guarantee continued employment. Employment with Surgical Associates is ‘at will’. Either party may terminate employment at any time with or without cause.
EOE, including disability/vet
Part-time: 32hrs/wkApply Online